Not sure what I was thinking when I saw this recipe? I think it was “Oh I have chipolatas in the freezer. This would be a good way to use them up!”
At the end of the day, this was just sausages on some spinach. Sure great flavour from the sausages and the relish was a nice touch… but a little bland. Not sure how you can jazz it up though… perhaps sausages just arent meant to go on a salad.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 650g pork or beef chipolata sausages
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1cm-thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- tomato chutney and crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Spray sausages with oil. Combine onions and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Barbecue sausages and onions, turning often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and onions golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to cool slightly.
- Halve sausages diagonally. Arrange spinach on serving plates. Top with sausages, onions and a dollop of chutney. Drizzle with remaining oil and serve with crusty bread.