There was something just so delicious about this recipe. It was simple to put together, not overly time consuming, but the end result was full of flavour! The only suggestion would be to increase the stock just a touch as I had to keep adding water to the pan until the rice cooked through. Other than that, a really delicious dinner that tasted like more effort than it was!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 large fresh green chillies, thickly sliced diagonally
- 400g (2 cups) long-grain rice
- 500ml (2 cups) beef stock
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 125g (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- I added 500g diced chicken
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook chicken until cooked through. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until glassy. Add the stock and tomato and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Add the beans and combine.
- Divide among serving bowls. Top with sour cream and coriander to serve.