Still in Fiji!
I made this a while ago, after a particularly long and tough day at work. And it was seriously good. But in particular, the boy loved this. He had quite a few second helpings of it! So this is one recipe that is being added to my repertoire! And as far as I am concerned, any recipe that has wine in the recipe gives me a great excuse to finish off the bottle!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices (100g) pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 (500g) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cubed
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Place stock and sauce in a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add rice, chilli and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Stir to combine
- Add 1/3 cup stock mixture. Cook, stirring, or until stock mixture has been absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock mixture, 1/3 cup at a time, until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender and creamy. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with cheese and parsley.