I’m not gonna lie people. Turning 30 scares me. THANKFULLY I have a full year to deal with this impending doom as I am only about to turn 29.
I’m not sure why 30 scares me. I think I had ideas that my life would be ‘sorted’ by then. That I would be a grown up, have my crap together and life would be good. But I think we all know life doesn’t work like that.
Life for me is good. I have a lovely partner, we own a house together, I am at the top of my career and there is travel in the future. So I have decided to celebrate my last year in my 20s by doing a 30 before 30 challenge. 30 things that I want to do before the big day, focussed on fun, wellbeing and experiences.
My 30 before 30 list
- Take a dancing class
- Run a 5k or walk a 10k
- Visit a city I have never been to before
- Learn to cook fresh pasta
- Read 15 new books
- Go vegetarian for a week (sorry Ben!)
- Plan a girls weekend
- Go rock climbing – and go right to the top
- Take a curling lesson
- Go to a museum
- Volunteer some time with a charity
- Eat at a fancy restaurant
- Start a veggie garden
- Bake ‘just because’ treats for work at least twice
- Organise the junk drawers at home
- See a financial planner
- Go see a musical
- Bet on a winning horse
- Bake homemade bread once a month
- Plan a surprise date for Benjamin
- Treat myself to a day spa experience
- Go wine tasting
- See a psychic or do reiki
- Join a professional organisation, or subscribe to a business magazine
- Host a dinner party for my family
- Donate blood
- Finish decorating at least one of the rooms!
- Finally complete the 1000 steps (without dying)
- Go out for a luscious duck dinner with friends
- Go to a roller derby, Whip It style
If anyone wants to help me out with the above, feel free to get in touch!
I’ll update you guys as I go along with any completed challenges and share the fun!